- What does a DevOps at BOSS.Tech do?
The DevOps basically works in the infrastructure area, taking care of creating automated deployments for each component, ensuring cloud operations, stability, and continuous functioning of running services and applications.
- What are the challenges of this role?
- Automate and accelerate deployment processes 🎛️
- Monitor and analyze infrastructure behavior 📊
- Offer cloud solutions tailored to development needs ⚙️
- Constantly studying and analyzing new tools 📈
- Ensure high availability and operability of systems 📟
- Ensuring information security and integrity 🔑
- Main missions of DevOps in BOSS.Tech to ensure a high level of operability:
- Periodically backup the information that is stored regardless of the type of data structure or system used for storage.
- Auto-scaling components to assume in real time an increasing volume of users and request processing.
- Maintain strict monitoring of the behavior of services, including the execution of functionalities within the application.
- Apply configurations in the services consumed by the application that guarantee their high availability as much as possible.
- Make a selection of architectures and technologies adjusted to the requirements of each component.
- Deploy several environments to effectively test and review the operation of the entire system before making it publicly available to customers/users.
- Implement infrastructure as code and automate as much as possible everything related to the deployment and maintenance of the infrastructure and the different components of the application.
Infrastructure as Code at 100%, one of our missions 🦸♂️.
- Learn more about one of our pillars: Monitoring.
Strict monitoring detects functionalities with problems, ensures better functioning of integrations between different components, helps to make the necessary adjustments in the infrastructure to improve performance and optimize the use of resources. All this ensures early detection of problems in such a way that many of them are detected and solved before reaching a customer-facing environment.
At BOSS.Tech we manage an effective alerting system that integrates infrastructure with our task management system, so that each alert issued by an application functionality or by a service in the infrastructure arrives immediately, notifies and can be reviewed by the DevOps team.
Capture of some alerts triggered from our infrastructure
Once alerts are reviewed they can be treated as incidents, assigned as tasks and our team gets to work on their immediate resolution.
Capture of some incidents created from alerts
This mechanism is expanded to each component of BOSS.Tech, so that the management of alerts and incidents covers various repositories, responsible parties, components and functionalities.
Incidents are automatically categorized based on error codes, making their analysis and assignment more effective, helping in a more agile solution of each incident.
Our goal is to maintain as much coverage as possible over everything that runs and functions in our infrastructure, gradually increasing iteration after iteration the scope and capacity to observe and respond quickly to any problem. It is a mission that involves work between different teams (but that is not a problem at BOSS.Tech) and from which DevOps, Frontend & Backend developers benefit.
One of our dashboard with some alarms triggered